Why work for Oxford Computer Group?
What it’s like to work at OCG
Our long-list of satisfied customers would not have been possible without the brilliance and technical know-how of our people. Professional, talented, knowledgeable, energetic, and bursting with ideas, they make OCG the forward-thinking company it is today.
We thrive on life at the leading-edge of technology. We like learning, we work hard, we have fun and we’re committed to pleasing our customers. If you like the sound of that, OCG may be the company for you.
We have a deep and fruitful relationship with our partners at Microsoft. We create enterprise mobility and identity solutions using Active Directory, Azure AD, Forefront Identity Manager, Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite, System Center, Intune, and more. We have won Microsoft’s Partner of the Year award eight times, most recently in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Are you the right fit?
We are a team of consultants, architects and business people who work surprisingly closely together, in spite of our geographical range. We are level-headed, logical, creative, straight-talking, hard-working, and share a passion for helping clients navigate challenges. If you are these things too, you’ll fit right in. If you’re looking for a company which tackles interesting business problems with the latest technology, then you’ve found us!
Who we are looking for
Careers with us! We would like to hear from you if you are an experienced account manager, architect, business development manager, consultant, delivery engagement manager, project manager, salesperson, systems engineer, or trainer specializing in:
- Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services
- Azure Active Directory, Azure Multifactor Authentication, Azure Rights Management
- Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager
- Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager Certificate Management
- Microsoft Intune
- Office 365
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Roles Based Access Control
- Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager, Microsoft Systems Center Service Manager
OCG is hiring
We are looking for outstanding account managers, architects, consultants, and engagement managers who share our passion for creating effective solutions.
Interested in working at OCG? Take our skills profile survey and we’ll contact you with more information.
The ideal candidate will be located in the Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, or New York metro areas. Secondary consideration may be given to candidates located in Atlanta, Bellevue (WA.), Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, and Washington DC metro areas. Tertiary consideration may be given to candidates residing anywhere else in the US, within a tolerable commute to a major airport.
All candidates must be willing to travel across the US, sometimes with very little notice, up to 70% of the time.
Being a major contributor to OCG’s strategy, the architect provides guidance and structure to maintain and evolve our delivery competency, evangelizes our technical brand and expertise in the marketplace, influences partner product and positioning decisions, and sets the technical direction for the company.
On the tactical side, the architect leverages their breadth of experience with current and emerging technologies to help clients develop a technology strategy and road map and then in executing on that road map, the architect ensures multiple concurrent engagements are effectively scoped, resourced, delivered, and closed.
Being fully independent, the architect proactively identifies and diffuses situations that could lead to execution risks, is able to triage and effectively resolve delivery issues as they are encountered, and analyzes day-to-day delivery experiences to drive improvements across the practice.
Skills and Experience Required
The Architect will have a breadth of deep technical skills with a strong Microsoft bias, along with advanced certifications (at least one of: MCSE, MCITP, CISSP). Experience with appropriate technologies, including those that compete with Microsoft is essential – not all architects will cover all technologies of course, but experience in large-enterprise environments with demonstrated architecture, engineering, and operations skills in Active Directory, FIM Sync, and Azure Active Directory are critical.
While OCG looks for leaders in every role, the architect leads from the front – leadership and influence skills are critical. The architect is highly customer-oriented, has great communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, influence), follows established process, deals extremely well with ambiguity, effectively mentors others, and has a high level of personal ambition and initiative to help them stand out in a peer group of the best in the business. The architect must have at least 10 years of experience architecting/engineering/supporting related technologies in a large-scale enterprise environment.
Additional skills desired in an ideal architect include technical breadth and/or depth in related technologies, as well as the FIM Portal, FIM workflow development, Roles Based Access Control, Active Directory Federation Service, Azure Multifactor Authentication, Azure Rights Management, Intune, Systems Center Configuration Manager, Systems Center Operations Manager, Systems Center Service Manager, Office 365, Dirsync, FIM CM, Public Key Infrastructure, C#, and VB. Advanced project management skills, additional Microsoft and security-industry certifications, and a B.S./M.S. in Computer Science (or other related field of study) are also highly desired.
The ideal candidate will be located in Bellevue (WA), Los Angeles, San Jose, and Seattle metro areas. Secondary consideration may be given to candidates located in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, San Diego, and San Francisco metro areas. Tertiary consideration may be given to candidates residing anywhere else in the US, within a tolerable commute to a major airport.
All candidates must be willing to travel across the US, sometimes with very little notice, up to 70% of the time.
A consultant is primarily responsible for successful execution of an integration engagement, working directly with clients individually, or as part of a larger team. In addition to delivering successful engagements, the consultant identifies standardization and improvement opportunities, supports peers as they encounter delivery obstacles, and meets maintenance and support SLAs – all while effectively communicating status, issues, and risks. Additionally, this individual provides support to sales during qualification and scoping of engagements, delivers instructor-led training, contributes to product/service engineering efforts, and identifies other opportunities to add value during client engagements.
The consultant has deep technical competencies, with an enterprise perspective, in a number of products OCG specializes in. This person understands what the product can do out of the box, is able to perform installations and complex custom configurations – and demonstrate product functionality, aligned to customer need. The ideal candidate also has a deep, demonstrated track record in troubleshooting complex product issues and executing test plans related to integration of these technologies.
The consultant understands the value proposition of the products and OCG’s services in this space and makes recommendations – while nurturing an ongoing customer relationship by helping them realize the value of their investment.
The consultant must make timely use of technical reference resources to extend their knowledge as required. Unlike in some environments, the consultant does not have luxury of focusing exclusively on a set of tools or technologies – a willingness to step outside of their comfort-zone to learn new technologies and approaches is essential.
Skills and experience required
The Consultant will have technical skills with a strong Microsoft bias, along with advanced certifications (at least one of: MCSE, MCITP, CISSP). Experience with appropriate technologies is essential – not all consultants will cover all technologies of course, but competent skills in Active Directory, FIM Sync, and Azure Active Directory are critical.
The Consultant must be highly customer-oriented, have great communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, influence), follow established process, deal well with ambiguity, be a fast learner, and have a high level of personal ambition and initiative to help them stand out in a peer group of the best in the business. The Consultant must have at least 5 years of experience engineering/supporting related technologies in a large enterprise environment, or as a consultant integrating these technologies into similar environments.
Additional skills desired in an ideal consultant include technical breadth and/or depth in related non-Microsoft technologies, as well as the FIM Portal, FIM workflow development, Roles Based Access Control, Active Directory Federation Service, Azure Multi-factor Authentication, Azure Rights Management, Intune, Systems Center Configuration Manager, Systems Center Operations Manager, Systems Center Service Manager, Office 365, Dirsync, FIM CM, Public Key Infrastructure, C#, and VB. Project management skills, additional Microsoft and security-industry certifications, and a B.S. in Computer Science (or other related field of study) are also highly desired.
OCG is expanding our Southern California and South Central (Texas) businesses by adding two seasoned account executive to work with the Regional Vice President to continue to build out a local presence leveraging our existing client base of large, well-recognized enterprise accounts. We are looking for a driven professional with experience consulting and selling in the Microsoft enterprise platform space. This position will have both billing and selling targets.
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft identity, access and security offerings, both traditional on-premises and the Azure platform, examples include: Azure Active Directory Premium (AADP), Intune, Azure Rights Management Services (RMS), and FIM
- Existing contacts with the Microsoft field and large enterprise accounts in Southern California or in the Dallas/Fort Worth area
- Energetic, outgoing, and a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- 5 years of experience selling and delivering Microsoft solutions
- A college graduate
- Technically inclined with an interest in things like mobility, cloud computing, cyber security
- Willingness to learn and curiosity that stretches beyond the 8 hour working day
- A strong communicator (both written and oral)
- Good organization skills. Able to manage partner relationships with many contacts and opportunities
This position will report to the Western Region Vice President. One available position is based in Southern California, and another is based in the Texas/Fort Worth area. We offer a competitive compensation plan consisting of base and commission. Oxford Computer Group provides 401k with company match and generous health insurance benefits.
Please email resume and cover letter for consideration to email@example.com.
What we offer
OCG’s benefits program is designed to keep our people – who are our most important asset – healthy and productive. We offer competitive salaries and the following benefits to qualified employees:
- Education Employees have access to world-class OCG-developed courseware and can take part in instructor-led education opportunities. OCG helps employees obtain and maintain certain industry certifications.
- 401K matching OCG matches a percentage of employee salary.
- Bonus Bonuses are based on company profitability and staff achieving personal and organizational objectives.
- Commission Sales staff qualify for commission based on margin resulting from sales.
- Life and Accident Insurance OCG pays the cost of basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance; supplemental coverage is available at an additional cost.
- Short and Long-Term Disability OCG offers both short-term and long-term disability benefits (partial wage replacement) to reduce the impact of non-work related illness or injury.
- Accidental Injury and Critical Illness Insurance Optional coverage available to employees at their own cost, managed by OCG to make it affordable.
- Healthcare We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage plans that provide employees with cost-effective and flexible care.
- Paid time off All employees receive annual vacation leave that increases with length of service as well as ten paid holidays.
- Flexible work location and schedule Many careers at OCG support flexible work arrangements based on role, location, and customer needs
With OCG you can discover your potential, make your ideas reality, make an impact, learn, thrive and be rewarded! Join us!