Identity management in education
Identity management in education can enable schools to:
- Enable effective access to numerous systems for a dynamic user base
- Control and secure access to all your users’ devices and applications
- Meet increased state and federal regulatory requirements
- Offer the latest IT systems to staff and students
- Keep identities secure
Oxford Computer Group provides enterprise-grade identity, access, and security solutions to schools and universities. And we can do it with limited resources, and within a tight budget.
Over the last decade, we have provided cost-effective on-premises, hybrid, and cloud-based identity and access management solutions to more than a hundred Higher Education institutions across North America. We work with school districts, smaller community colleges, large universities and state departments of education.
What our education customers say
“We had two major engagements with Oxford Computer Group in the past five years. Our first project was to integrate FIM with our PeopleSoft ERP system. In addition to the integration, we went live with self-service password reset in FIM. Our first on-site engineer had an impressive grasp of both PeopleSoft and FIM, which isn’t easy to find.
“We needed to better manage our core user lifecycle, so we implemented an Exchange hybrid environment with Office 365, and connected our HR systems to the new environment. This created a more efficient staff on-boarding and off-boarding process.
“Our second project was to convert a 40-year-old homegrown provisioning system to our FIM 2010 system. The go-live of the provisioning system was fantastic, and we have not looked back.
“OCG has very reliable and professional Identity Consultants. We appreciate their conservative project estimates, their fair billing practices, and their highly technical and courteous engineers. It really helped that they have a good understanding of the education sector. We are now working on a new project with OCG to help us upgrade to MIM 2016 SP1.
We highly recommend Oxford Computer Group.”
– Pierre Minnis, Identity and Access Manager, University of New Orleans
When a large Pacific North West university experienced a security breach, Oxford Computer Group worked with the internal university IT team to configure a customized Microsoft Identity Manager and Privileged Access Management implementation for their multi-campus environment.
Now, with a mechanism for preventing privileged escalation in place, the university’s systems are much more secure.
Dan, from a private Catholic university in the Mid-West, says:
“Oxford Computer Group (OCG) assisted with our Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) upgrade. After the upgrade they helped us design and implement a complex email reservation system for our MIM environment and integrate it with our current Oracle and PeopleSoft systems. This project was accomplished on time and within budget. They fixed some minor issues we had in our MIM environment as well as make some suggested changes to improve the efficiency of our current automation process.
“Jordan from OCG was very professional, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with – I would certainly consider OCG for any future engagements.”
Our solutions are simple, scalable, and cost-effective
Recent examples of our work for Higher Education Institutions include:
- Large scale self-service password reset for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures
- Large scale single sign-on for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures
- Multi-factor authentication for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures
- Device management for Windows, iOS, and Android devices
- Data and content protection services with Rights Management
- Active Directory real-time threat and security monitoring
- Time constrained, privileged access management for administrative IT roles
Best in class
Oxford Computer Group has been at the forefront of IT for more than 25 years. We are internationally recognized as THE go-to company for Microsoft Identity, Security, and Mobility solutions.
- We are a Microsoft Gold Partner in the Devices and Deployment and Enterprise Mobility categories, and a Microsoft Silver Partner in the Cloud Platform and Cloud Productivity categories.
- We work closely with Microsoft Product Groups and test their products before they go to market. We sit on panels that develop technical roadmaps and participate in Rapid Deployment Programs.
- Our in-depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies means that we can configure them to work effectively alongside our customers’ existing infrastructure, including legacy systems.
- We have won Microsoft’s Partner of the Year award seven times, and have been a finalist ten times.
Training your team
“If you’re considering MIM, you don’t want to proceed without Oxford Computer Group’s world-class training. This is what makes or breaks IAM Departments. Without it, our complex identity management project could not have succeeded.” Large Mid-West University’s IT team