Upgrading from ADFS to Microsoft Entra ID (formally Azure AD) can improve your organization’s security, cut IT costs, improve productivity with a streamlined sign-on experience, and more. And, with recent ADFS updates from Microsoft, the migration process is easier than ever before.
Why migrate from ADFS to Microsoft Entra ID?
- Easier single sign-on to thousands of apps, including legacy, SaaS, and third-party apps
- Improve your organization’s security posture
- Improve risk management, compliance, and governance capabilities by eliminating on-premises infrastructure
- Reduce infrastructure costs
- Implement a single control plane for identity and access management
- Streamline the user experience for accessing organization apps
Microsoft Entra ID provides a simple, cloud-based sign-in experience to all your resources and apps. It provides for strong authentication and real-time, risk-based adaptive access policies to grant access to resources. It reduces operational costs of managing and maintaining an ADFS environment and increases IT efficiency.
In this webinar recording, OCG Principal Consultant Mike Liben discusses the benefits of leaving ADFS behind. Mike also describes the migration process, including best practices for minimizing impact on end users.