How Azure AD Connect Enables Hybrid Identity
a practical overview with DEMOS
In this recording of my very popular webinar from 2016, I look at how Microsoft’s AD Connect tool enables hybrid identity management.
We’ll be taking another look at AAD Connect at our webinar on 22 March 2018.
Azure AD Connect integrates your on-premises directories with Azure AD in the cloud. This enables you to give your users a common identity for Office 365, Azure and SaaS apps integrated with Azure AD.
How does Azure AD Connect enable hybrid identity?
This recording of my webinar offers a practical, relevant and timely overview, and also demos! I discuss:
- Synchronization, which is a big part of any hybrid scenario. The ever-increasing capabilities of Azure AD Connect will be compared with Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) which is the gold standard when it comes to synchronization – but on-premises.
- When you should use MIM and when you should use Azure AD Connect.
- How out-of-the-box capability can be extended (spoiler alert: a lot more than meets the eye!)
- How inbound and outbound rules are configured, how to add your own rules, and how they will interact with out-of-the-box ones.
- How to add your own connectors (for example, to an HR system).
There are some slides, but mostly it’s DEMOS. And people asked really interesting questions.